* THF for many organic compounds have good solubility, it dissolve addition to polyethylene, polypropylene and fluorine resin, all other organic compounds, especially polyvinyl chloride, polyvinylidene chloride and a good bite dissolution of aniline was widely used as a reactive solvent, the "universal solvent" is known, is an important organic chemical and fine chemical raw materials, the main purposes are summarized as follows:
1. under pressure reacts with hydrogen chloride 1, 4 - dichloro-butane. For natural and synthetic resins (particularly vinyl resins) and solvent, also used for making butadiene, Adiponitrile, adipic acid, hexamethylene diamine and so on.
2. are widely used in resin solvents (tape coating, PVC coating, PVC reactor cleaning, removal of PVC film, cellophane coating, plastic printing ink, thermoplastic polyurethane coatings).
3. reaction solvent (format reagents, alkyl aryl alkali metal compound and alkali metal compounds, aluminum hydride and boron hydride, steroids and macromolecule organic polymer).
4. chemical intermediate products (polymerization PTMEG, natural gas odorants); chromatography solvent (gel permeation chromatography).
5. as a common solvent, THF has been widely used in surface coatings, protective coatings, inks, extraction and artificial leather surface treatment agents, tetrahydrofuran is the production of poly tetramethylene ether glycol (PTMEG) an important raw material, is the pharmaceutical industry main solvent.
6. for synthesis of pharmaceutical raw materials, intermediates. Such as tetrahydrothiophene, 1,4 - dibromo-butane, maltol, different plant alcohol, butyl sultone, benzene, tin, Clofentezine, azocyclotin suspension, erythromycin ethyl succinate, acrylic urethane, tramadol hydrochloride, Quinestrol, norethindrone, levonorgestrel, mifepristone.
7. chromatography solvent. Such as gel permeation chromatography.